The precautions for using tricone bit are as follows:
1. Tricone bit operates in different rock formations, and chooses different types of drill bits, axial pressure and speed according to the softness and hardness of the lithology.
2. When drilling rigs, follow the principle of matching the three elements of the drilling (wind pressure, axial pressure, and speed) with the parameters recommended by the drill bit sample.
3. Please check the appearance of each part of the tricone bit before going down the well, verify that the end face of the drill bit thread is consistent with the factory number on the drill bit packing box and certificate; check whether there is a trademark on the surface of the drill bit tooth palm to prevent counterfeiting.
4. The tricone bit should be reasonably stored on the drill to prevent dust and other debris from entering the drill bit.
5. When replacing the tricone bit, make sure that there is no dust inside the drill, the air outlet is unobstructed, the thread is greased, and the drill bit can be used after connecting the drill bit by lifting and rotating coordination.
6. Before changing to a new tricone bit, carefully check whether the three cones rotate flexibly, and whether the threads and teeth are intact.
7. When the new tricone bit is working, it must be used at low axial pressure and low speed for 20-30 minutes, and then gradually increase to normal axial pressure.
8. When opening a new tricone bit, pay attention to the debris around the hole (rocks, scrap metal, etc.), while rotating, ventilate and slow down, close to the surface, to prevent sudden drilling and impact damage to the bit.
9. When the tricone bit is working in soft rock formations and the drill bit is changed midway, it is necessary to strictly check whether the alloy teeth on the carrier back of the old drill bit and the cone have fallen off to the bottom of the hole. If there is any residue of the old bit in the hole, it is strictly forbidden to use a new drill bit in the hole.
10. When the drilling rig is stopped, the drilling tool cannot be placed in the hole with water to prevent the slag and water from flowing back into the bearing and damaging the tricone bit.
11. When the tricone bit is working in rock cracks or rock cracks caused by blasting and in the mined area, reduce the axial pressure and speed to prevent the teeth from breaking.
12. When the tricone bit is in the hole, it is strictly prohibited to reverse it to prevent the tricone bit from falling into the well.
13. When the tricone bit is in the hole and the air compressor suddenly stops working, the slag can easily enter the drill bit. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to rotate for a long time, causing the bearing to wear, the slag repeatedly broken (or stuck), and the bit wear accelerates.
14. During the normal perforation operation of the tricone bit, there should be no serious air leakage in the main air path of the air compressor to ensure sufficient air volume and air pressure to extend the service life of the drill bit.
15. The tricone bit stabilizer should be replaced regularly to ensure that the drill rod is stable and the drill bit works normally.
16. It is strictly forbidden to use curved drill rods for the tricone bit to avoid uneven force on the three palms of the drill bit and accelerate the damage of the bit.
17. The storage of tricone bit should be moisture-proof and ventilated. In the process of transportation, it is strictly prohibited to knock the cones and threads.